Alleviate Stress Using These Biofriendly Methods
Stress can exist in many shapes and forms. Whether you are still hanging on to left-over stress from the holidays, a new job has you all stressed out or the new year seems to be throwing more at you than you can comfortably handle, finding a way to alleviate your stress is important for the sake of your physical and mental well-being. Letting stress build up won’t do you, or anyone else, any good. Instead of falling victim to the stresses of day-to-day, we recommend employing some of these biofriendly methods to alleviate stress and help clear your mind. For most people, it takes very little before you’ll begin feeling better and more equipped to accomplish what lies ahead.
Biofriendly Stress Relief Methods
While each person likely has his or her own tried and true way of alleviating stress, it doesn’t hurt to employ a few biofriendly ways you can use in a pinch. The following are a few of our favorites:
- Unplug. This can do more for you than you may realize. Some people are so attached to their electronic devices, these devices are beginning to “control” their lives. Don’t let it happen to you. Unplug at least once a day, and for longer periods of time on the weekends.
- Stop what you are doing, close your eyes and just breathe. Try to clear your mind for a few moments. Get your attention off your problem and focus on relaxing. Be sure to take some time to do this every day. Even scheduling in a little “me time” can often make your life feel a lot more relaxed and stress-free.
- Go outside. Nature can do wonders for a person’s state of mind. If you’re feeling stressed, go outside. Look at the trees…I mean really look. Look at the leaves, the grass, the sky, the birds, and soak up the beauty in nature all around you.
- Take a walk, go for a bike ride, or go on a hike. While you are out, don’t think about what’s stressing you, focus on the world around you. Oftentimes, once your stress levels go down, a solution to the problem will present itself. At the very least, you’ll have a better, more positive outlook on the situation and be able to focus on finding a resolution.
- Do a little gardening. When a person is stressed, doing some physical work or growing/tending to vegetables and herbs can be a very effective stress-relief method. Not only will this help take your attention off what’s stressing you, but it puts you in a relaxed state. Think about it…after working at a computer all day, it’s nice to be able to get your hands dirty, plant a garden and grow your own food. This is part of what making gardening good for your health.
- Dive right into a new DIY project. Being creative helps to get other creative juices flowing. What this means is if you put your attention onto creating one thing, you may very well find you come up with a solution to your problem, or way to eliminate stress elsewhere. Not sure where to start? Head over to Pinterest, you can find Biofriendly Blog on Pinterest too, and find a project which suits you. It could be making homemade bath salts, building a living wall or raised planter boxes, creating organic air fresheners, or whatever you like.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Even when you are feeling down, do what you can to maintain a positive attitude or outlook. If you give into the negativity or “can’t do” attitude, you’ll get more of the same. Even if you may not know how to overcome an obstacle, stay positive and know a solution will arise.
- If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, try to write down everything you have to do. By getting this information out of your head and onto paper, you’ll be able to deal with it more easily. Just think of it as decluttering or organizing your mind and thoughts. It doesn’t take much, but it can sure make a difference.
- Overhaul your diet a bit. Sometimes the food we eat can affect our mood. If you’re feeling grumpy or stressed, try putting more organic fruits and vegetables into your diet. Get rid of the packaged or processed foods, and opt for natural. Make your own meals. Not only will making a meal from scratch with your own hands give you the chance to relax and de-stress, but putting the right foods in your body will help you feel better as well.
Stress Relief the Natural Way
Choosing to relieve your stress naturally, with some of the biofriendly methods mentioned above, is one of the best actions you can take. It doesn’t take a lot of time, but you can definitely get results. Sometimes, temporarily or permanently removing yourself from the individual, object or situation causing you stress is all it takes improve your state of mind and health. Give a try! You’ve really got nothing to lose.